Friday, March 02, 2007

Internet Dependence

You may need to sit down for this news.

For the past two days, I have lived WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION! While this little problem started as an annoyance, I pulled a John Kerry and didn't deal with it swiftly. Consequently, I had much bigger problems on hand.


  • Mom thought I was rudely ignoring her request to take her to the airport

  • I could not work on a website project on deadline

  • I could not read the news (I go online rather than paying for a paper

  • I could not chat with my wife at lunch

  • I could not check the status of my financial aid applications

    And worst of all...

  • I couldn't find the number for Charter's tech support


I called my grandfather and ended up trying to explain to him how constricted I was without the Internet. I am not sure if he realized the gravity of the situation.

This morning, my connection miraculously appeared. I have a "bunker kit" for a Bird Flu outbreak or terrorist attack, but am unprepared for an Internet blackout.


No comments: